The firm of R. G. Jamieson & Son was founded by Robert Gordon Jamieson in 1922 when he started a taxi and car hire business with a Ford Model T Convertible, PS 418, purchased new from Edinburgh, Scotland. By 1930 the business had expanded to four vehicles, including a new seven seat Chevrolet bus. The firm obtained its first larger bus in 1948, a twenty seat 1933 Bedford WLB. Robert G. Jamieson retired when he was 65 in 1957 and the business transferred to his eldest son, Laurence Gordon Jamieson, who traded under the name L. G. Jamieson until his death in 1979. The business then passed to his widow, from whom two grandsons of Robert G. Jamieson, cousins Gordon M. Jamieson and Robert H. Jamieson purchased the business shortly afterwards. Given that their respective names were also that of the business founder, they reinstated the company name of R. G. Jamieson & Son, under which the business still trades today, although it is commonly known as, and sports the livery, Jamiesons.